A.D. Livingston’s Big Book of Meat
Home Smoking, Salt Curing, Jerky, and Sausage
Written with A.D. Livingston's signature wit and wisdom, his Big Book of Meat is a down-to-earth guide to making sausage, jerky, and home-smoked and dry-cured meats easily and inexpensively in your own kitchen!
- Choose the right equipment to make sausage and pork, venison, beef, chicken and fish.
- Create deli-style cold cuts.
- Dry and store jerky.
- Salt-cure country hams and other meats.
- Build a modern walk-in smokehouse.
- Adapt today's materials to yesterday's traditional methods.
- Choose woods and fuels for smoking.
And so much more!
Reviews for A.D. Livingston’s Big Book of Meat
AD Livingston was a legendary food columnist for the Gray’s Sporting Journal in the USA. Perhaps less known in the UK, he was, however, an avid huntsman, fisherman and a talented cook, so you might want to add his book to your collection. The Big Book of Meat is exactly what it says in the title — filled with meat from cover to cover. It covers all types of meat, from beef, through venison, all the way to fish — and it does cover them in depth as the book is over 390 pages! So, if you fancy a bit of yeehaw in your kitchen — grab a copy now.
BASC, Shooting & Conservation Magazine