The Orvis Fly-Fishing Guide, Revised
£15.95OUT OF STOCK
Whether you're a soon-to-be fly fisher looking for the right book to get you started or you're reasonably proficient at at the sport and need a refresher course on tying knots for saltwater or the latest info on how to care for your waders or how to fish a dry fly in tricky currents, this invaluable best-selling guide is for you.
- Tackle selection and care — rods, reels, lines, leaders, and knots
- Casting — with instructive line drawings by Bob White
- Hundreds of flies in full colour, including fifty new patterns
- Presentation, striking, playing, and landing
- Tactics for stream, stillwater, and salt
- New techniques, including Tenkara and Czech nymphing
- How to fish all the major game fish, fresh and saltwater, including salmon and steelhead
- Plus a new chapter on conservation, stream etiquette, and giving back.
Reviews for The Orvis Fly-Fishing Guide, Revised
This Guide may be the single most valuable item a novice angler can buy . . . and most of us would do well to re-read the sections on flies, fly selection, and stream tactics every spring before pulling on our waders for the first time.
Rod & Reel