BHS Manual for Coaching and Teaching Riding
The official handbook for those studying the BHS teaching qualifications has now been fully updated and revised.
- Aimed at less experienced and trainee riding instructors, especially those involved with weekly riders and covers.
- How to develop communication skills and effective body language.
- Advice on teaching adult novices and children, whether in groups or one-to-one.
- Valuable multi-option lesson plans.
- Choosing school horses and keeping them happy in their work.
- Safety and insurance, and how to cope with mishaps and accidents.
- Dealing with rider problems, such as nervousness, stiffness, poor co-ordination, etc.