Yoga For Equestrians includes:
- Easy-to-follow instructions and photographs to guide you through asanas (postures) and pranayama (breathing exercises)
- A variety of unmounted and mounted awareness exercises, visualisations, and meditations to enhance your riding skills
- Versatile yoga routines designed for warming up and cooling down that can be performed by riders at the stable, at home, or at a show
- A special section on yoga that you can do in the saddle!
- Informative biomechanical descriptions and detailed illustrations that describe the three distinct areas of a rider's body - centre, upper body, and lower body, followed by specific exercises to help prepare your body for riding and achieve the balanced seat.
'The postures and exercises in Yoga for Equestrians are invaluable for anyone who struggles to acquire the classical alignment. They are also helpful for those of us who need to maintain flexibility, and improve breathing, body awareness, and focus' - Mary Wanless, author of Ride With Your Mind
- Book Specifications
Sub Heading A New Path to Achieving Union with the Horse ISBN 9781872119267 Author Linda Benedik & Veronica Wirth Binding Paperback Extent 260 x 210mm, 192 pages Illustrations Colour photographs & black & white drawings Ebook No
Yoga and pilates are renowned for strengthening your core muscles and improving posture - essential for riding.' Horse Magazine
- Look Inside 🔍