Sporting clays is the closest game to bird hunting you will find. Each time you shoot, in woods or open fields, in rain or snow or bright sunshine, the targets are set differently with a fresh course. This element of unpredictability is what draws us to the sport and keeps us challenged.
Whether you're a new shooter or a very experienced shooter, you will learn from this book:
- Gun swing and speed for the three main swing types: swing-through, sustained lead and pull-away
- 15 basic target types and strategies for breaking them
- Choosing a pump gun, autoloader, side-by-side, or over-and-under, and checking the weight, balance and fit
- Correct stance for target speed and trajectory
- Understanding lead
- How to fix common mistakes, including lifting your head and stopping or slowing the gun as you shoot
- Practicing on skeet, 5-stand courses and preparing yourself mentally for competition
You'll produce better scores overall, and will understand the principles in order to develop the necessary skills so that you can shoot with confidence every time you step into the cage.
Mark Brannon is an NRA-certified shotgun instructor and a National Sporting Clays Association Master class shooter and a member of the 2009 NSCA Zone 1 Open all-star team. He serves as the national delegate from Maine for the NSCA and lives in Maine, USA.
Tom Hanrahan lives in Maine, USA and is a past member of the Maine All State Sporting Clays team. He is also the author of Your Maine Lands: Reflections of a Maine Guide (ISBN 978-1-882190-91-1) and a columnist for the Northwoods Sporting Journal.
- Book Specifications
Sub Heading Foreword by Anthony Matarese Jr - 2008 Sporting Clays National Champion ISBN 9780811706186 Author Mark Brannon and Tom Hanrahan Binding Hardback Extent 229 x 152mm, 176 pages Illustrations 92 colour photographs, 1 b&w illustration, 2 charts Ebook No
'Well-presented in hardback format, this book is profusely illustrated with colour photographs throughout. It will help readers understand the principles and develop the necessary skills to help them shoot with confidence and get the results they want. It is an ideal addition to any shooter's library - whether new to the sport or simply looking to improve.' Clay Shooting
- Look Inside 🔍