Quiller Publishing is an independent publisher of a large range of subjects, including country, sporting and equestrian titles. Our titles are written by talented and enthusiastic authors who are widely acclaimed as experts in their field. Our strength in publishing lies in our large and successful backlist – we don’t publish books that are here today and gone tomorrow, we publish titles that we are confident will be read for years to come. Please take time to view the books we publish so you can be sure your book would fit within our range of titles.
We welcome submissions and suggestions so if you have an idea and would like to discuss this with us, please do contact us at Quiller Publishing, either by letter, email or by phone.
- We accept submissions by mail or email, and we prefer digital submissions.
- We will not personally respond to unsolicited submissions unless we're interested in publishing them.
- Please allow three months for the editors to review a proposal.
- Please do not include originals of any sort or any materials of value.
- We do accept unsolicited manuscripts and we review all proposals, but we will not personally respond to unsolicited proposals unless we are interested in pursuing the project.
- Please include your email address with your submission.
- Please note Quiller Publishing does not carry insurance for submitted manuscripts, so always keep a copy of your work.
What to include in your proposal
- Include a one-page cover letter giving a brief description of the project, why you think Quiller Publishing should publish it, what's included in the package, and your contact information.
- Include an outline, introduction, sample illustrations or photographs, sample captions and text/sample chapters.
- When submitting artwork, either as a part of a project or as samples for review, please do not send original art, as it will not be returned.
- Include a brief guide to the potential readership for the book. Who is your audience? Please include a list of similar titles including the publisher, date of publication, and a brief explanation of how your book differs from what's currently available.
- Please provide your full name and contact details, along with a brief biography of your skills, including any accreditations and/or publishing credits.
Where to send your proposal:
- Book proposals can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01939 261616 for assistance.
- Submissions can be mailed to: Andrew Johnston at Quiller Publishing, Wykey House, Wykey, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY4 1JA