Grab your gear and take a fishing trip across the country with over twenty-five of the world's fly-fishing experts. With over 1,001 of the best tips and tricks compiled by the former managing editor of Fly Fisherman magazine, this book covers the essentials for trout to tarpon such as:
- Casting with Lefty Kreh
- Matching the hatch with Charles Meck
- Taking great fish photos with Barry and Cathy Beck
- Mastering mayflies with John Barr
- Catching selective trout with Mike Lawson
- West Coast stripers with Dan Blanton
- Steelhead secrets with Lani Waller
- Surf fishing with Bob Popovics
- Trophy smallmouth with Bob Clouser
It has a clear, easy-to-use format with over 200 illustrations from renowned artist Dave Hall, along with encyclopedic coverage of almost everything that's important to know about fresh and saltwater fly fishing. A helping hand to beginners and experts alike with useful tips and tricks from chapters on technique and presentation, equipment, hatches and seasons, travel, destinations and species:
Jay Nichols is the former managing editor of Fly Fisherman magazine and lives in Pennsylvania.
Illustrator Dave Hall lives in Oregon.