AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 2017
True to the Line is Adrian Dangar's recollections of his life at the sharp end of hunting, during which he was a Master and huntsman of three different hunts in three unique regions of England — Dartmoor, North Yorkshire and Leicestershire. During this time, the author came into close contact with many fascinating characters that live and work in these beautiful landscapes.
His memoir portrays these rural lives alongside hunting, hounds and foxes, together with the challenges, frustrations and rewards of organising modern hunting in an illuminating and anecdotal style.
This book not only covers his account as the first amateur huntsman of the Quorn in 80 years, but also his time as hunting correspondent, hound judge, conservationist and all-round countryman.
- Based on the author's experience of riding out with over 100 packs
- Unique insight into the eccentricities and controversies in the world's most prestigious hunts
- Covers the current state and future of hunting and the challenges of modern Masterships — including saboteurs and court surveillance
- First hand references to personalities as well as the hounds and horses the author has known
- The author writes beautifully, whilst not shying away from contentious issues and controversial characters
Author: Adrian Dangar
Adrian Dangar became MFH and huntsman of the Spooners & West Dartmoor Hunt at the age of 24 and never looked back. MFH to the Sinnington in North Yorkshire (twice) and only the second amateur huntsman in 300 years to be appointed MFH to the Quorn in Leicestershire. As a writer, he contributes on a regular basis to Country Life, The Field, Horse and Hound and Trout and Salmon, has judged all the major hound shows in Britain, including Peterborough Royal Fox Hound Show three times, The Australian Hound Show twice, and the Western Hunt Challenge in the USA. He is the founding owner and Managing Director of Wild and Exotic, a company specialising in riding safaris and tailor-made travel around the world. His favourite pastimes are hunting, the pursuit of woodcock and chasing salmon in remote streams on the west coast of Scotland.
- Book Specifications
Sub Heading A Hunting Life ISBN 9781846892448 Author Adrian Dangar Binding Hardback Extent 234 x 156 mm, 192 pages Illustrations Colour Ebook No
- Look Inside 🔍