AVAILABLE MAY 2017
The World of Cognac is a carefully researched study about the history and culture of Cognac – the most valuable spirit in the world. Ranging from historical brandy anecdotes dating back to the 7th century all the way up to our modern-day cocktail culture, this is cognac's story. The author explains where cognac originates from, how it's made, the people involved, as well as the classification and age, the art of tasting and most importantly of all, choosing and storing one's cognac. A comprehensive list of cognac houses are featured, providing an informative overview of many of the brands and a selection of their current products.
'Cognac is the best drink in the world. My 72 years of work in cognac have seen enormous progress. The cognac vineyards are now a gigantic garden with exquisite loving care of the vines, with an understanding that everything starts with the land and the plants. Distillation has become a science based upon the terroir, separating the different 'crus' of origin. The long aging of cognac is respected as a unique way to perfection. The result is for me that today cognac is the best drink in the world.' Max Cointreau, President of Cognac Frapin
'Cognac is not a fashion product. It will not be popular today, then forgotten tomorrow. It's an integral part of the lives of people in many countries, in many social environments.' Jean-Paul Camus, House of Camus
- Comprehensively researched study on the history and culture of cognac
- Best in the World, Gourmand World Cookbook Awards
- Historical brandy anecdotes dating from the 7th century up to our modern day cocktail culture
- Features a comprehensive list of cognac houses – an overview of the brands and their current products
- Making the world's finest distilled spirit – vineyards, the harvest, distillation, ageing and the art of blending
- Cognac classification, art of tasting, and storing
- Pairing cognac with food and in cocktails
Michelle Brachet has had a love of cognac for many years. Her manuscript, The World of Cognac was awarded the 'Best Wine Book for Professionals' at the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards in 2014. She is a regular contributor to the award-winning cognac website, www.cognac-expert.com and represents Cognac Expert at cognac events in the UK and Europe. She has a monthly column in Wine in China magazine and writes cognac articles for lifestyle and drink magazines.
- Book Specifications
Sub Heading No ISBN 9781846892400 Author Michelle Brachet Binding Casebound Extent 254 x 216mm, 312 pages Illustrations Colour throughout Ebook No
- Look Inside 🔍